What it takes to get a new dishwasher, 8 months of patience for the homeowner.
In January the homeowner wanted a new dishwasher.
Here's the timeline of events:
1) purchase new dishwasher
2) installer shows up with new dishwasher and can't install it since the existing plumbing fitting does not match the dishwasher's fitting. Installer dose not hook up the electric.
3) plumber comes and puts new fitting and connects the dishwasher. Plumber leaves the water off since it's not fully installed. Homeowner asks the plumber if they would hook up the electric. Plumber will not since he's not a electrician. Homeowner calls the electrician to hook up electric.
4) electrician will not turn on the water to the dishwasher because if it leaks he can't fix it.
5) Homeowner calls the plumber to turn the water on.
6) Homeowner wants dishwasher door to match cabinets. They call to have new door made.
7) New door is made. Homeowner is excited to have the new door installed and put this project behind them. Cabinet company does not install the doors, they recommend calling a carpenter.
8) I go to install the door. It's too big.
9) I take door back to my shop and modify and finish exposed edges due to modification.
10) Installed the dishwasher door today, completing a 8 month long project. They asked me for my invoice... I couldn't charge them.